Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Long time since I posted on here

but then it's been a long time since I did any crafting. In the summer I have the urge to bake. As the weather turns, I get the urge to sew and knit. My knitting urges started back in early september, but as all my attempts at a scarf were destroyed by busy toddler hands I gave up, and from then until now, I have had no time. But in the last couple of days I have been feeling a bit down, and when I am down, I create. So here we go...
Autumn fairy with pine cone body, conker head, beech nut casing hat and sycamore helicopter wings. And a generous amount of glue (shhh!) Photo doesnt make it look great - it's actually fairly pretty. A caterpillar finger puppet inside a leaf sleeping bag which will be part of my niece's christmas present. I made a matching yellow one for DS and might make some more for various friends, as they were so much fun to make.



6 felt fishies ready to be part of a magnetic fishing game just as soon as I remember what I did with my magnets and find some rods.



I'm yearning after fabric again :S the lovely man at Abakhan (spelling) has brought in some beautifully patterned fleece fabrics, which I am intending to buy, to create scarves and hats, blankets etc for little ones. I'm going to use up my Ikea fabrics that were bought with good intentions of dresses, skirts and slings by making gift bags for christmas, rather than using wrapping paper. I have some satin that will be used to make play silk type things. When I pluck up the courage to get out the sewer (and find someone to take care of my little trouble maker of course)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great things there. Lovely to see you crafting again.

Followers